The Space Horse Canti (rim brake,) is a CLASSIC wide-tire bike that was pretty groundbreaking when it came out in 2011. The Space Horse Canti is very much a sport-touring bike, by which we mean it is lively and spry for everyday riding but durable enough some good ol' fashion touring. While you could probably get away with touring on this bike for months on end, there are better choices for that. Space Horse really shines on mixed terrain rides and sporty jaunts with friends, on weekender tours, and as a throw-back gravel bike. The Space Horse Canti, along with a few other bikes, really got on the trend early and shaped the current mixed-terrain 'gravel' cycling landscape as we know it today.
We will recommend this bike highly and we're always buzzing when one of these comes up used in any of our sizes... Classic is always in style!
- Frame - 612 Select ChroMoly steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays
- Fork - 4130 ChroMoly tapered fork blades, lugged crown and matching dropout. Straight steertube
- Rear spacing - 130mm
- Brake Compatibility - Cantilever, Linear Pull
- Seatpost diameter - 27.2
- Headset - 1-1/8" threadless, EC34 upper & lower, Crown race 30.0
- Front Derailleur - clamp diameter 28.6, Traditional
- Bottom Bracket Shell - 68mm English Threaded
- Tire clearance - 700x42
- Extras - Rack & fender mounts, ED coated