Le Montréal is Bassi's most popular frameset and the most versatile. Whether built up as a commuter, porteur, randonneur, touring, or cyclocross cycle, its 4130 Chromoly frame balances style and function. Inspired by classic 1980s touring bikes, Le Montréal features eyelets for front and rear fenders and racks, three bottle cages, and eyelets for their signature shoulder strap.
New features for the Montréal V3:
- Oversized tubes on all sizes for better stability with a touring load (or your kid) on the rear of the bike
- Extra bottle cage mount under the downtube (that's three total)
- More rooms for wide tires, up to 45mm on all sizes (with fenders!)
- Reduced toe overlap by using three wheel sizes across the range, also making the bicycles more proportional to the rider for more pleasant handling
- 46cm and 49cm for small riders use 26" wheels
- 52cm and 55cm for average riders use 650B (27.5") wheels
- 58cm and 61cm (our largest frame yet!) use 700C (28") wheels
- A return to diagonal dropouts, for singlespeed fans
- The first Montréal with colours: in addition to the classic (and classy) black frame there will be a new design with a top-to-bottom blue-to-white fade.
- Tube Type: Oversized 4130 CrMo steel (double butted top and down tubes and triple butted seat tube)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm wide, British Threaded
- Seat Tube inner diameter: 27.2mm
- M5 eyelets at mid-fork, on seat stays and drop-outs for rack and fenders
- Three bottle cage mounts
- Eyelets on seat tube and top tube for shoulder strap
- Cantilever brake bosses on fork and seat stays
- Chain hanger inside right seat stay
- Forged diagonal rear drop-out, 132.5mm spacing to fit most current hubs.
- Bottom Bracket shift cable guide